|Register||Invite Your Friends||FAQ||Members List||Calendar||Mark Forums Read|
|January 10th, 2014, 12:44 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanked 61 Times in 28 Posts
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Simple Forum Rules & Etiquette
Wise Words From Our Founder
Compiled by our former Operations Manager, John Sebastian
We're still at the very beginning of pheromone technology. This is a real frontier and we're all pioneers here (Congratulations!)
Theories are great, but even the most scientifically sound ones can influence and distort our perception of reality. Let's remain outcome neutral, and stick as closely as possible to the "Test first, describe later" principle. Honest & accurate information is the only thing that will push pheromone technology forward.
1) The first and most important rule of this forum, is to be kind to others, unless they first insult you personally. Remember that most people are basically good and mean well.
2) Use the same "rules" you would at a party with friends. Be kind, share and keep cool.
3) Assume the best of others, and good people will usually do the same for you.
4) Since you can't see facial expressions online, read words in an upbeat voice tone, smile when you read, and laugh whenever possible. It all helps!
5) Generalizations should be seen as conversation starters, not personal insults.
6) If you're high strung, just be aggressively nice and fiercely helpful!
7) 1 to 4% of people online are the few, true trouble makers. When kindness doesn't work, report abuses and we'll educate, limit or ban the initiating party. Let's keep the forum clean of true riff raff and sociopaths.
Commercial speech limitations:
1) If you are commercially involved in any manner (directly or indirectly) with pheromone related technologies, you must make arrangements with management before participating on this site in any fashion.
2) Sites that that directly or indirectly spam or otherwise attack this site are placed on permanent public and private ban (may not be mentioned on this site ever again by anyone, for any reason), and may be subject to both federal and civil legal prosecution.
3) All spam is legally subject to a very real fine $250K USD per infraction, legally justified by the cost of Google Adwords.
4) In short: We're often friendly and supportive, but not to the rude or the criminal!
This post put together by John Sebastian, based on the prolific, humanitarian, and brilliant insights from our founder, Michael Harris, who wrote these guidelines above several years ago when this forum started.
Last edited by Brian F; January 3rd, 2015 at 06:58 AM.
|January 10th, 2014, 07:52 PM||#2|
His Royal Rotundness
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Speedway, IN
Thanked 167 Times in 156 Posts
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Simple Forum Rules & Etiquette
A lot of people, that would never spam here, are going to take that as very threatening in nature and not at all friendly, supportive, warming or welcoming: "Love you, but I'm going to sue you for every penny you are worth if you upset me!"
|January 10th, 2014, 08:51 PM||#3|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,005 Posts
Nominated 22 Times in 13 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Simple Forum Rules & Etiquette
As a consumer, it's better to know you're going to be protected from spam artists, and that the company protecting you is willing to fight. And with a tough line like that, would-be spammers would, I'm guessing, read it, go, "Nope, not worth the trouble, let's find another forum to spam", and move on. That's the spirit of the writing.
Our Adwords spend at the time of that message definitely justified that infraction rate. Costs to run a forum are quite high. Our overhead to run this operation is still quite high. Higher now, because of all the added security services we need to deflect problems.
If someone with legit commercial interests wants to share the burden, then they man up and contact us, like legit business people.
Haha, maybe next iteration we'll write in the "Love you" bit.
[B][SIZE=2]John Sebastian [/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2][IMG]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/toff.gif[/IMG][I]
NLP Practitioner Since Birth
(Former) Operations Manager and Pheromixologist
[b]Note:[/b] Because of my NLP Practitioner commitments and my upcoming seminar season, as of February 2014, I have turned over my managerial powers to [url=http://www.pheromonetalk.com/pheromone-users/brian-f.html]Brian F[/url], who is trained like a ninja to assist you with all your phero & forum needs. Please direct all questions, comments, and ideas his way: [email][email protected][/email].
As always, we can be reached at 800-671-6464 or 425-786-2001, or here: [email][email protected][/email]. Please don't use the PM system for the important stuff, it's not as trackable as our [url=http://support.androtics.com]helpdesk[/url].[/size]
Mickaelia (January 14th, 2014)
|etiquette , forum , rules , simple|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Online etiquette and respect||zeph||Lounge||0||June 26th, 2009 11:56 AM|
|MX292 & MX272 Together is Simple Harmony||jessejester||MEN's Pheromone Advice, Tricks and Tips||13||April 3rd, 2009 11:49 AM|
|WB news segment on dating etiquette||mark-in-dallas||Lounge||5||September 2nd, 2008 08:58 PM|
|New Rules for Forum Specials -- A neverending stream of Thank Yous!||Jasmin||Store Announcements & Feedback||8||February 23rd, 2007 06:03 PM|