PheroTalk

PheroTalk

The World's Largest Pheromone Community

Get Real Pheromones directly from Androtics Pheromone Research at the SmartMones Pheromone Store

Questions about pheromones?
Get Fast, Friendly, No-Obligation Help from Real People at the Pheromone Hotline.
Call 1-800-671-6464 in the USA, or +01 425-786-2001 Internationally

Latest Threads ::.. Hi! QUestion Hello Hello everyone! Hoping for a phero to help keep my perimenopausal girlfriend in the m Heya! New to the site :D Pheromones for Making Friends Around the Campus. F/18 Hi ! New to this site ! travelling question Hello. Looking for Pheromones for Attracting Fellow Men. M/25/Asia Best Post Of The Week 13, March, 2017 Pheromones to Sexually Attract 50-60yr Old Woman? M/44 Does MX353 have a 'slow fuse'?


Go Back   PheroTalk > Messages From Michael

Register Invite Your Friends FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Old August 18th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #1
MHarris Male
Administrator
  
 
MHarris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,040
Thanks: 10
Thanked 407 Times in 180 Posts
Reputation: 866
MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Turn up the heat / Alpha 7 ...same?

Hi everyone.

I found myself thread hijacking a bit (going beyond the scope of a thread), so I moved my discussion here.

Here was the original discussion.
http://www.pheromonetalk.com/mens-ph...ame-34185.html

The following is my original response. Useful stuff to know and understand, perhaps, but not really within the scope of what I was originally answering. Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnjim View Post
Alpha 7 contains the "big 3" (nol,none, rone), I forget the exact ratios though. I had good results with it, though it's a bit "rougher" than AD products. No buffering.
Some like it rough.

Hey now! I didn't originally mean what that obviously sounds like, but I guess that's true, too.

You'll always tend to find, however, my mix philosophy and refinements getting the way of this roughness -- even when I don't mean to, ala MX292 (the design intent of which was to be "bomb" like -- i.e., a big effect, yes, but with lots of schrapnel and rough edges!)

That's why I like different quality voices in the market. The key being quality voices; I could do without fraud being used in marketing, and other types of BS, I'll tell you that! This should be Nvidia vs. ATI type stuff, and nothing more.

Our forum's biggest debates should be closer to what you see at appleinsider.com, and not the FBI roster!

Anyway...

Alpha 7 is a bit after my time, but during my time of using other products, I think LaCroy had one of the best "rough" products out there.

I honestly don't know if Alpha 7 is good or not. I should take the time to try it. I'll sort of have to take your word for it, but I do mostly like LS and I think LaCroy is an excellent "voice". They make good product and "keep their nose clean" (a big thing to me in what is mostly a dishonest market that doesn't have anybody's good in mind, really).

I only wish they made something after Impi, which seemed to be a bit of a misstep.

I also wish George Dodd would make something new. Does LS still have Xcite Wipes?

I really like that guy. I wish KioTech didn't go almost exclusively into fishing lures. Also, since Dodd seems to take a gentle approach not too dissimilar to mine (i.e., refined product, good for social uses), I'd really like to see what else he could come out with.

I'd rather "worry" about someone decent, gentle (and legally compliant!) like Dodd "kicking" Instant Openness ' "ass", than I would someone kicking the ass of our staff and their kids, I'll tell you that!

Anyway, enough from me, lest I start to rant. As I said originally, though, sometimes rough is good -- even right down to the core design (the molecules themselves). I actually liked one of the rougher synthesis' of androstenone I have over the more clinical synthesis. For some purposes, anyway.

A314 benefits from the cleaner synthesis route, while something like MX292 benefits from the rougher one. Something we never would've known unless we had done the actual work over the years to split test the hell out of this stuff.

I hope today's marketers who step over the line to become nothing more than street cons selling Rolodexes in Time Square, learn that the "old way" -- good ol' R&D and testing trials -- eventually pays off.

Their BS ads and ballsy tricks may "work" in the short term, but the fact is that Thomas Edison's lightbulb wouldn't have lasted as long as it did without the very real sweat equity put into designing the damn thing in the first place.



Keep in mind, that despite some of his personal foibles, Thomas Edison is widely acknowledged as the person who created the first high production R&D model. i.e, the man who basically "invented inventing".

I may not like how things seemed to play out with Tesla, but I've got to credit the man for his actual positive contributions. We are in a sense, nothing but a modern variation of Edison's Menlo Park experiment (and later, Bell Labs), combined with some of the principles of the modern internet.

Again, I better shut up before I write a book on this stuff... but I'll end by giving kudos to other companies like LaCroy, KioTech, Pherin Pharmaceuticals and maybe even the guys behind Alpha 7 who seem to understand this! Thanks, guys, for taking a basically classical approach to product development and sales. You're some of the few good ones.
MHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
mikotorocks714 (July 8th, 2012), Miss Dragon (May 10th, 2013), PheroQuirk (August 19th, 2009), tezza23 (August 18th, 2009)
Old August 18th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #2
BLADE Male
Pheromone Experienced
  
 
BLADE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: melbourne, australia
Age: 45
Posts: 305
Thanks: 44
Thanked 102 Times in 66 Posts
Nominated 2 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Reputation: 336
BLADE is a jewel in the rough BLADE is a jewel in the rough BLADE is a jewel in the rough BLADE is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Turn up the heat / Alpha 7 ...same?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnjim View Post
Alpha 7 contains the "big 3" (nol,none, rone), I forget the exact ratios though. I had good results with it, though it's a bit "rougher" than AD products. No buffering.
Some like it rough.

Hey now! I didn't originally mean what that obviously sounds like, but I guess that's true, too.

You'll always tend to find, however, my mix philosophy and refinements getting the way of this roughness -- even when I don't mean to, ala MX292 (the design intent of which was to be "bomb" like -- i.e., a big effect, yes, but with lots of schrapnel and rough edges!)

That's why I like different quality voices in the market. The key being quality voices; I could do without fraud being used in marketing, and other types of BS, I'll tell you that! This should be Nvidia vs. ATI type stuff, and nothing more.

Our forum's biggest debates should be closer to what you see at appleinsider.com, and not the FBI roster!

Anyway...

Alpha 7 is a bit after my time, but during my time of using other products, I think LaCroy had one of the best "rough" products out there.

I honestly don't know if Alpha 7 is good or not. I should take the time to try it. I'll sort of have to take your word for it, but I do mostly like LS and I think LaCroy is an excellent "voice". They make good product and "keep their nose clean" (a big thing to me in what is mostly a dishonest market that doesn't have anybody's good in mind, really).

I only wish they made something after Impi, which seemed to be a bit of a misstep.

I also wish George Dodd would make something new. Does LS still have Xcite Wipes?

I really like that guy. I wish KioTech didn't go almost exclusively into fishing lures. Also, since Dodd seems to take a gentle approach not too dissimilar to mine (i.e., refined product, good for social uses), I'd really like to see what else he could come out with.

I'd rather "worry" about someone decent, gentle (and legally compliant!) like Dodd "kicking" Instant Openness ' "ass", than I would someone kicking the ass of our staff and their kids, I'll tell you that!

Anyway, enough from me, lest I start to rant. As I said originally, though, sometimes rough is good -- even right down to the core design (the molecules themselves). I actually liked one of the rougher synthesis' of androstenone I have over the more clinical synthesis. For some purposes, anyway.

A314 benefits from the cleaner synthesis route, while something like MX292 benefits from the rougher one. Something we never would've known unless we had done the actual work over the years to split test the hell out of this stuff.

I hope today's marketers who step over the line to become nothing more than street cons selling Rolodexes in Time Square, learn that the "old way" -- good ol' R&D and testing trials -- eventually pays off.

Their BS ads and ballsy tricks may "work" in the short term, but the fact is that Thomas Edison's lightbulb wouldn't have lasted as long as it did without the very real sweat equity put into designing the damn thing in the first place.



Keep in mind, that despite some of his personal foibles, Thomas Edison is widely acknowledged as the person who created the first high production R&D model. i.e, the man who basically "invented inventing".

I may not like how things seemed to play out with Tesla, but I've got to credit the man for his actual positive contributions. We are in a sense, nothing but a modern variation of Edison's Menlo Park experiment (and later, Bell Labs), combined with some of the principles of the modern internet.

Again, I better shut up before I write a book on this stuff... but I'll end by giving kudos to other companies like LaCroy, KioTech, Pherin Pharmaceuticals and maybe even the guys behind Alpha 7 who seem to understand this! Thanks, guys, for taking a basically classical approach to product development and sales. You're some of the few good ones.
I know George Dodd is still going - I remember reading that the Excite Wipes seem to have been taken over by someone else, but I have a cologne of his that you can still buy online. I can't say i like the scent - too feminine but feels like a pure Androstenol product to me.

Alpha 7 I've tried and don't mind - but I've never been able to find much out about the manufacturer or what, if anything, else they make.

Lacroy's stuff is great - although not versatile

At the risk of sounding like I'm sucking up, I'm very glad I found my way here - the diversity of products and the wide spectrum of situations over which they can be used is tremendous.
BLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #3
MHarris Male
Administrator
  
 
MHarris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,040
Thanks: 10
Thanked 407 Times in 180 Posts
Reputation: 866
MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Turn up the heat / Alpha 7 ...same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
I know George Dodd is still going - I remember reading that the Excite Wipes seem to have been taken over by someone else, but I have a cologne of his that you can still buy online. I can't say i like the scent - too feminine but feels like a pure Androstenol product to me.
He sold off KioTech for something like $10M, and then started a "love project". (a "business" where passion and interest come before, often far before, money)

That love project is over at aromasciences.com, and it exists in a little house over in Scotland that has some real character. However, he doesn't really make anything new in the phero realm. PheroFragrance was the last entry.

It's probably too much trouble to do much else, although I recently read a blog where someone talked excitedly about going to one of his in-person workshops. Very cool.

Quote:
Alpha 7 I've tried and don't mind - but I've never been able to find much out about the manufacturer or what, if anything, else they make.

Lacroy's stuff is great - although not versatile

At the risk of sounding like I'm sucking up, I'm very glad I found my way here - the diversity of products and the wide spectrum of situations over which they can be used is tremendous.
Well, thank you very much. I really appreciate that. I'm glad we're doing something of value to you.

You know, this project first started as investigation into the broad reality of pheromones, be it good or bad.

It's like using a spectrograph on a lightbulb. You take a look at what's actually "there", good or bad. You "see" the possibly dangerous UV frequencies (UV C), the beneficial ones, and everything else. You get a true objective view, minus any opinion.

That's what I wanted in the world of pheromones. I saw they did something, but certainly not what they were advertised to do. That's why I started my initial explorations.

Back something like 11 years ago, before I tried a product from Erox, I actually clumped pheromones together with pop astrology. I didn't think much of it.

After diving into a reality based exploration of pheromones for long enough, I got to the point where I saw there was enough reality to these molecules. I had enough data to wow and surprise me, to satisfy my curiosities. This happened a couple years ago. I then had to decide whether to continue the project or not, so I could focus on other projects of interest.

I decided to continue, of course (although the decision did face some challenges recently).

Much, if not most, of the reasons for continuing exist within the realm of non-sexual (or not directly sexual) applications.

The stuff that really tugged at my heart every time I thought about changing this project dramatically or even shutting it done, is all of the feedback we've received to things like A314 , Instant Honesty and Shine. It's probably those 3 that have changed the most lives for the better. When we had some problems with an attack onstaff recentl, you couldn't believe the outpouring of support and evidence we saw for how our products make everyday life better. That's something I just can't ignore or throw away!

If we can get to the next version of our project without getting hurt along the way (or distracted by artificially created nonsense), we can do some serious good in this world. We can help heal loneliness, better work environments, improve families, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Loneliness-Human-Nature-Social-Connection/dp/0393335283/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1250578916&sr=8-1
Free article:
The Lonely American

We can basically improve all the "stuff" that occurs after you wake until you sleep. That's the bulk of your life. (and yeah, sure, we do have some sexy stuff, too, but...)

This is something I'm quite proud of, and it's certainly worth working for. A "despite all odds" type of thing.

Now I just gotta see how to work it all out with the changing economy and legal landscape (the US' already crazy litigious environment just got a little worse in March). We were already disadvantaged compared to Europe or even Canada, but it's even more complex now Shift Toward State Rules on Product Liability

These laws are distorted in a way whereby they do not actually protect honest consumers. Products tend to be safer in Europe due to better designed regulations, yet as you can read, Dow Chemical's legal expenses are over 100 times lower in Europe. The only true beneficiary are lawyers who can create lawsuits in the US that would not be (and are not) taken seriously elsewhere.

http://books.google.com/books?id=QFJ...age&q=&f=false

Funny, I don't remember the Constitution beginning with "We the lawyers of the United States".

Anyway, these various challenges are not easy for a small company (and by "small" here, I mean almost anything not large enough to be "public", since few private firms really have the money to tackle every little thing they have to deal with)

I think this is why you often see small technology developers so eager to "sell out" to big guys. The legal landscape in the US is crazy. It's definitely biased against invention these days, quite unlike the days of Edison or Bell.

With all of the changing variables that are out of our control, it's like trying to build a house on quicksand. Tricky stuff. While some might call it impossible, I prefer to think of it as simply "needlessly complex".
MHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
flight (June 25th, 2010), mikotorocks714 (July 8th, 2012), Miss Dragon (May 10th, 2013), PheroQuirk (August 19th, 2009)
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #4
tezza23 Male
Nookie Monster
  
 
tezza23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Your cookie
Posts: 1,104
Thanks: 51
Thanked 185 Times in 175 Posts
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Reputation: 433
tezza23 is just really nice tezza23 is just really nice tezza23 is just really nice tezza23 is just really nice tezza23 is just really nice
Default Re: Rough design vs. refined, Thomas Edison & R&D vs. Time Square Rolodex salesmen

Mharris, thanks for posting that. I find the insights into the design process fascinating. [The only other person who does anything like this that I know of is Steve Cole at ADB, Inc., a company that publishes boardgames and role-playing games based on Star Trek. Like Androtics, ADB has a very active forum and a fanatically loyal customer base.]

Anyway, can you explain in layman's terms what the difference between a "rough" and "smooth" synthesis of a pheromone is? I thought that a molecule was a molecule?
__________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. -- Aristotle
Whatever you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. -- Goethe

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...ATo/weight.png
tezza23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
PheroQuirk (August 19th, 2009)
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #5
MHarris Male
Administrator
  
 
MHarris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,040
Thanks: 10
Thanked 407 Times in 180 Posts
Reputation: 866
MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold MHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rough design vs. refined, Thomas Edison & R&D vs. Time Square Rolodex salesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezza23 View Post
Mharris, thanks for posting that. I find the insights into the design process fascinating. [The only other person who does anything like this that I know of is Steve Cole at ADB, Inc., a company that publishes boardgames and role-playing games based on Star Trek. Like Androtics, ADB has a very active forum and a fanatically loyal customer base.]
You're very welcome.

Thanks for the reference. I used to like Star Trek once upon a time, but I'm not familiar with that game company yet. There was another one present back in BBS days, who had a really cute little phrase generator. I helped them convert that to a screensaver way back when. Sam... gosh, it's hard to remember. I've done so much between then and now, I'm afraid my head leaked.

Quote:
Anyway, can you explain in layman's terms what the difference between a "rough" and "smooth" synthesis of a pheromone is? I thought that a molecule was a molecule?
Beyond coming up with ideas for new structures (mind you I have a chemist execute those ideas, I do not do that myself), the more hands-on function I deal with is testing those structures, and making new mixes with those structures. There are certainly perceivable differences in a "rough" vs. "smooth" mix.

A rough mix would be as Mountain Jim would say... not as much buffering. I'd also say not as much "refinement". More basic, sometimes it's like a speedo swimtrunk vs. Armani thing.

The thing about "refinement", though, is that it doesn't always get as much attention as does something unrefined. Depends on context to a great extent, though.

A purple cow at your workplace would get a LOT of attention.

Similarly, a construction worker in full gear would get a lot of attention at an art soiree.

Someone in a nice suite wouldn't necessarily get as much attention as the construction worker, not unless it was a REALLY nice suit. A truly exceptional suit that rose above and beyond what everyone else was wearing.

Incongruencey can work for you sometimes, in terms of generating attention. Sometimes you just want to "stick out", you know?

I find that for those purposes, both very rough and extremely refined mixes would work well. The ones in-between those two specific points, not as well.

Basically, extremes work well for garnering attention.

This is in terms of mixes only, not the molecules that make them up. I'll explain crude vs. refined chemicals in just a moment. I'll explain one way I think of it, anyway, that seems relatively easy to explain.
MHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Miss Dragon (May 10th, 2013), PheroQuirk (August 19th, 2009)
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #6
djandarial Male
Pheromone Wizard
  
 
djandarial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,374
Thanks: 107
Thanked 320 Times in 241 Posts
Nominated 21 Times in 8 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Reputation: 1572
djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future djandarial has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rough design vs. refined, Thomas Edison & R&D vs. Time Square Rolodex salesmen

This is a quite interesting discussion.
__________________
C-Line: RawPower,IFM,EOW,Ammo,IS/B,MB,RPTP2,IH4X,IJ,A314
Exp-mone:A-nol,B-nol,TAA,TAC,TAF,TAH,TAL,TAK,Meo-EST
P-Series:P74,P79,P83,P91,P96
In Mail:
Wishlist:203,PSR0,P86
Gifts in red
Empty:MX275,MX272,MX292,P122,P86,MX281,CTTM2
JOURNAL: DjAndarials' Journal
------------------------------------------
Need to submit a ticket? Androtics Support Ticket System
djandarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM   #7
1Alpha Male
Pheromone Sorcerer
  
 
1Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Californya
Posts: 5,196
Thanks: 3,620
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,521 Posts
Nominated 44 Times in 34 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 15
Reputation: 2402
1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute 1Alpha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rough design vs. refined, Thomas Edison & R&D vs. Time Square Rolodex salesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHarris View Post
You're very welcome.

I find that for those purposes, both very rough and extremely refined mixes would work well. The ones in-between those two specific points, not as well.

Basically, extremes work well for garnering attention.

This is in terms of mixes only, not the molecules that make them up. I'll explain crude vs. refined chemicals in just a moment. I'll explain one way I think of it, anyway, that seems relatively easy to explain.
Tan, tan, tannnn.... The Cliff Hanger... The difference between crude and refined chemicals post... I'm still waiting after all these years.

Loved the Thread and the heart that goes into these mone products!
__________________
Where Do I Spray these Pheromones?!
1Alpha's Private Journal!
How do you know what are HITS!? by Tisha23
What's your personality type?
I'm-INTJ
FB: joe.cervantes.7798
Me personally, I look at pheromones like this. These give an edge on those valuable first impression moments, the rest is up to the person and his characteristics.
-Joe10
I GOT *** 2.25 (5/11)
1Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
SteveO (July 9th, 2012)
Reply
1 Active User(s) Viewing This Topic (0 members and 1 guests):  

Tags
design , edison , randd , refined , rolodex , rough , salesmen , square , thomas , time


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello! Pheromones for Business & Sales, Dating & Attraction, Confidence & Focus. M/29 blitzr Introductions - New Users, Say "Hello" Today and Get $25! 6 August 19th, 2015 08:16 PM
RE: Testing and R&D RADMAN513 Store Announcements & Feedback 25 December 1st, 2010 08:59 PM
Men attractant & Women repeller ! :D Aghor MEN's Pheromone Advice, Tricks and Tips 7 November 30th, 2010 07:13 AM
D&G New scents djandarial Parfum 0 September 2nd, 2009 11:06 PM
R&D Engineer interested in being my own guinea pig Miette Introductions - New Users, Say "Hello" Today and Get $25! 5 January 12th, 2009 03:20 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +3. The time now is 01:51 AM.


©2004-2017 PheromoneTalk.com
(c) 2002-2015 Androtics Pheromone Research All Rights Reserved Internationally
Page generated in 0.24612 seconds with 19 queries