PheroTalk

PheroTalk (http://www.pheromonetalk.com/)
-   Pheromone Theory (http://www.pheromonetalk.com/pheromone-theory.html)
-   -   "Revealed: the aftershave that turns women on" - Guys, read this! (http://www.pheromonetalk.com/revealed-aftershave-turns-women-guys-read-70163.html)

Dream_Brother April 11th, 2015 12:57 AM

"Revealed: the aftershave that turns women on" - Guys, read this!

Revealed: the aftershave that turns women on - Telegraph

The discussed chemical is called Hedione

Extract from above link:

Quote:

?These results constitute compelling evidence that a pheromone effect different from normal olfactory perception indeed exists in humans,? says scent researcher Prof Hanns Hatt fro, Ruhr-Universit?t Bochum in Germany.
Quote:

To find out if scent could have an impact on the brain, the scientists analysed brain activity when a person smells Hedione.
They compared the results with the effects triggered by phenylethyl alcohol, a traditional floral fragrance.
Hedione activated brain areas in the limbic system significantly more strongly than phenylethyl alcohol. The limbic system is associated with emotions, memory and motivation.
But more significantly, Hedione also activated a specific area of the hypothalamus in women which is known to promote sexual responsiveness by flooding the body with sex hormones.
I know what I'm buuuuuuying! :p

1Alpha April 11th, 2015 03:57 AM

Re: "Revealed: the aftershave that turns women on" - Guys, read this!

Thanks for sharing that! :)

I've read some 'studies' that 'show' the effects of Mones as all mental, no olfactory ability in humans to detect them. THen, other researchers say otherwise, that VN1R is alive and kickin'...

My personal experience taints my objectivity, obviously. I do like me some Dior! :) Though, I believe that the particular cologne/aftershave Eau Sauvage, is not what it used to be, though, memory of scents can be shaky after many years. The new version, modern, I guess is a bit too heavy on the citrusy side, like Neroli on AD, than previously.

Now, I may have to go out and try it NOW that you bring it up to see if it brings back an 'accurate' memory that I have of this scent!

Oh... and obviously see if the gals get hot and bothered! ;)

1Alpha

Whitehall April 12th, 2015 11:11 AM

Eau Sauvage has long been my go-to cologne, especially for covering NPA.

I'm still using a miniature from circa 2000 so can't comment on changes in composition over time.

GorchFock April 12th, 2015 05:28 PM

I've read the more detailed press release in german. The findings confirm that VN1R1 is activated by Hedion. The research-group now concentrates on identifying which physiological and psychological parameters are influenced, and how, by hedion, the professor stated. Moreover they are looking for body secretions and odours that ressemble hedion to find proof that humans in fact communicate pheromonically.

Well, we are way ahead of the research-community in this field I'd say ;)

mobocaster April 12th, 2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream_Brother (Post 537413)
I know what I'm buuuuuuying! :p

Did they say exactly which formula they used? Eau Sauvage has gone through a few revamps over the years but periodically they do let a batch of "original" or "classic-70s" formula slip out at a slight premimum.

Dream_Brother April 13th, 2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobocaster (Post 537502)
Did they say exactly which formula they used? Eau Sauvage has gone through a few revamps over the years but periodically they do let a batch of "original" or "classic-70s" formula slip out at a slight premimum.

No idea. I'm just going to buy Hedione, I've noticed a few perfumer sites sell it reasonably cheap. No idea how well it will work alone and with other products, but for only a few pounds per 15ml it's well worth the test.

RedLebowski April 29th, 2015 06:44 AM

Sweet discussion man, the link mentioned my favorite actor Steve McQueen. I was unaware of Hedione's effects.
There is a website called "perfumers apprentice" that sells Hedione for a good price. I think this Hedione stuff will come in quite handy in conjunction with mones.
-Red

Jdub June 11th, 2015 04:03 AM

Has anybody tried the Hedione yet?
Any results?
I'm thinking about getting some myself.

Jdub June 11th, 2015 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLebowski (Post 538452)
Sweet discussion man, the link mentioned my favorite actor Steve McQueen. I was unaware of Hedione's effects.
There is a website called "perfumers apprentice" that sells Hedione for a good price. I think this Hedione stuff will come in quite handy in conjunction with mones.
-Red

I checked out the site and the price does look worth it. What do we do about dosages though?

Jdub June 11th, 2015 04:53 AM

I went ahead and ordered it, with rush delivery. I'm excited to report back with results.