PheroTalk

PheroTalk (http://www.pheromonetalk.com/)
-   Pheromone Theory (http://www.pheromonetalk.com/pheromone-theory.html)
-   -   Instant Female Magic in a Non-Smelling Woman (http://www.pheromonetalk.com/instant-female-magic-non-smelling-woman-20650.html)

INeedTruth September 8th, 2008 11:37 PM

Instant Female Magic in a Non-Smelling Woman

I hope it's appropriate to start this thread here rather than the Men's section. I'm a physician, and decided to see for myself whether the smartmones products work at all, and more specifically if they have a noticeable effect in people with loss of olfaction due to chronic sinusitis. And then to see whether their effects can be demonstrated in patients with surgically messed up vomeronasal organs. I am a brand-new pheromone user.

I've come to the conclusion that, at least in my wife who has lost 99% of her sense of smell, there is a true effect, and that it must be based on a functioning VMO.

I ordered a To Go size each of Instant Shine, Instant Female Magic, and Turn Up the Heat, and the company sent along a compimentary TG vial of Instant Openness. They all smell exactly the same to me. Exactly.

I used Instant Openness daily for five days in social situations, concerned I smelled like stinky sweatsocks and afraid of offending those nearby (for example in church). On the contrary, three different women my age went out of their way to invade my personal space with a touch on the knee, neck, or inner arm and strike up a conversation. My wife was rather irritable on those occasions, being a bit perimenopausal to begin with, and this spray seemed to have no effect on her at all.

I then sprayed on some Instant Female Magic on arrival home, and within 15 minutes my wife's demeanor calmed down considerably. From pessimistic and cranky to pleasantly conversant. Several days in a row. She does not yet know I am using pheromones, but I have confirmed with her that she cannot smell a thing.

This leads me to say that the IFM product has an effect on my olfactory-challenged wife independent of its odor, and that it is most likely the Vomero-nasal organ that mediates this effect.

Not I terribly scientific study, but initially I am impressed.

And I can't believe how boring this post is! I'm embarrassed by my writing style. Oh well...

mark-in-dallas September 9th, 2008 01:16 AM

Re: Instant Female Magic in a Non-Smelling Woman

Your post was not boring at all, in fact quite the contrary. I also suffer from chronic sinusitis, and probably have a damaged VNO as well, due to Septoplasty surgery many years ago.

As to a functioning VNO though, the general consensus remains that the human VNO is a vestigial organ and is no longer connected to the brain. However, their are studies numerous showing that pheromones do in fact work, and recently an olfactory nerve has been discovered, which some researchers and scientists believe may prove to be the route through which pheromones are processed. You can find that thread here: http://www.pheromonetalk.com/studies...ain-11411.html

Dr. James Kohl is one of the leading research scientists in the field. He is also a valued member and contributer here in the forum. You can find many of his contributions in the Theory and Abstracts forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by INeedTruth (Post 160815)
I hope it's appropriate to start this thread here rather than the Men's section. I'm a physician, and decided to see for myself whether the smartmones products work at all, and more specifically if they have a noticeable effect in people with loss of olfaction due to chronic sinusitis. And then to see whether their effects can be demonstrated in patients with surgically messed up vomeronasal organs. I am a brand-new pheromone user.

I've come to the conclusion that, at least in my wife who has lost 99% of her sense of smell, there is a true effect, and that it must be based on a functioning VMO.

I ordered a To Go size each of Instant Shine, Instant Female Magic, and Turn Up the Heat, and the company sent along a compimentary TG vial of Instant Openness. They all smell exactly the same to me. Exactly.

I used Instant Openness daily for five days in social situations, concerned I smelled like stinky sweatsocks and afraid of offending those nearby (for example in church). On the contrary, three different women my age went out of their way to invade my personal space with a touch on the knee, neck, or inner arm and strike up a conversation. My wife was rather irritable on those occasions, being a bit perimenopausal to begin with, and this spray seemed to have no effect on her at all.

I then sprayed on some Instant Female Magic on arrival home, and within 15 minutes my wife's demeanor calmed down considerably. From pessimistic and cranky to pleasantly conversant. Several days in a row. She does not yet know I am using pheromones, but I have confirmed with her that she cannot smell a thing.

This leads me to say that the Instant Female Magic product has an effect on my olfactory-challenged wife independent of its odor, and that it is most likely the Vomero-nasal organ that mediates this effect.

And I can't believe how boring this post is! I'm embarrassed by my writing style. Oh well...

hgirl1 September 9th, 2008 03:47 AM

Hello Mark in Dallas,

I agree with you that the post by Ineed truth was not boring. In fact, he touched on an issue I am concerned with. My husband also had a very similar surgery a few years ago and I was wondering if pheros would have any effect on him since his sense of smelled has diminished. Are you effected/influenced by pheros in any way since your VNO may be damaged? I decided to give these a try. So far, nothing. I am using 1-2 sprays IS/A, 1 spray Instant Shine. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Any advice would be helpful.
It also raises a question about the VNO. If it is believed that it is no longer conncected to the brain, then how would pheros be useful or affective? I

mark-in-dallas September 9th, 2008 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgirl1 (Post 160888)
It also raises a question about the VNO. If it is believed that it is no longer conncected to the brain, then how would pheros be useful or affective? I

I do get self-effects from pheros, although sometimes I think they may be somewhat diminished over the self-effects that others have. However, I believe that would be due to the chronic sinusitis.

The VNO is just one part of the ofactory system, so even if it is dormant, there are still other paths that pheros could take to the brain. And, as was mentioned in the thread I provided a link to, researchers and scientists are now looking at the recently discovered O nerve as a possible pheromone receptor.

M&M September 9th, 2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INeedTruth (Post 160815)

This leads me to say that the Instant Female Magic product has an effect on my olfactory-challenged wife independent of its odor, and that it is most likely the Vomero-nasal organ that mediates this effect.

If I may, how old is your wife?

How much IFM did you apply?

Thanks!

INeedTruth September 25th, 2008 01:25 AM

She is 49, having regular periods, and suffering from chronic rhinitis and anosmia for the past three years or so. I'm working real hard to help find some way to retrieve some of her sense of smell, and haven't yet given up.
I used one spray of IO divided equally behind the earflaps (on the mastoids). Frankly, I cannot stand the smell of any of these pheromone products and even thought the single spray out of my own nasal reach was overpowering. I am not the most extroverted guy in the world, so having minor female acquaintances touch me is a little disconcerting, but I think I'll get used to it.
I'm really liking the effect of the IFM on my wife, though. Also one spray, in my hair on arrival home, always in the evening, four days on, three days off. By the way, she is totally unaware of my pheromone use up till now.

Gone with the Wind September 25th, 2008 02:28 AM

Interesting report.

It is not at all clear how these chemicals cause the observed effects. Some people seem to take a stance one way or the other. I think it is best to keep an open mind at this stage of our knowledge.

Hardy May 26th, 2017 10:49 AM

Can you get IFM any more I get a blank page when o try to research it.

Dee A May 26th, 2017 01:30 PM

Kindly hover your pointer to the blue IFM to read the short info about it. :)

Hardy May 26th, 2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee A (Post 570180)
Kindly hover your pointer to the blue IFM to read the short info about it. :)

It goes to a blank page when I click on the Blue IFM :confused: